About The Role
We are looking for a Senior People Partner to work closely with the senior leadership team at AO Recycling. In this role you’ll play a major part in AO Recycling by building capability and growth through organisational design, development, effectiveness and engagement.
You will lead the way in introducing strategic people levers that support change to a more agile future and focus on adding value to our business.
In this role you’ll bring together the different specialisms within the People team to support the formation of a truly high performing team, with the customer at the heart of all decisions made. This role will be critical in forming and delivering the people plan to this area of AO.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You’ll use knowledge and commercial understanding of AO Recycling and it’s customers to contribute to formation and delivery of the business strategy. You’ll need to build strong working relationships across the leadership team to drive high-performance culture. In this role you’ll have the authority/discretion to act on behalf of AO Recycling’s business Director in people matters related.
You’ll need to translate our long-term business strategy into realistic and practical plans for the next 12-18 months. This will involve providing commercially focused ideas to solve problems and generate sustainable transformation and change. You’ll lead discussions around people/capability requirements to deliver short and long-term talent strategy and define functional development plans that evolve how we work.
In this role you’ll skillfully influence future planning and continuous improvement in key people areas such as managing for performance, retention and absence management. Supporting Managers to create and deliver improvement plans. You’ll be the expert to advise on people and business issues, supported by data, analysis and judgement to enable fact-based decision making and actions.
A Few Things About You
- Significant experience working in and influencing a senior partnering role.
- Strong business knowledge and commercial awareness
- Can quickly establish trusted relationships with senior business leaders
- Robust, strategic thinker with the ability to read a room and adapt quickly
- Has ambition, energy, and determination to succeed
- Understands the challenges faced by others and makes themselves available
- High growth mind set, proven track record of strong decision making while faced with ambiguity
- Ability to interpret risks and opportunities into development plans" which seems like a good addition
- Expertise gained in a Centre of Expertise function is advantageous e.g. Reward, Resourcing, L&D
- Multi-site business experience
- Experience actively managing OD/change projects through to conclusion (strategy planning through to execution)
- Change and agile mindset
- Able to effectively prioritise and make it happen at pace
- Strong data analysis, insight and ability to tell the story
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.