A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We’re a team of specialists, who are looking for another to join us on our quest to lead the retail evolution. It’s an exciting time for the business, and an opportunity has arisen for another to join us. We pride ourselves on delivering the best customer experience possible, and continually push to exceed expectations, by deploying world-class experiment to millions of customers.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- You’ll identify experiment opportunities and create customer-centric hypotheses, as well as work with multiple teams to brainstorm, prioritise and build experiments before launching them to millions of monthly visitors.
- As Senior Optimisation Specialist, you’ll regularly report the results of your experiments with stakeholders at all levels, communicating key learnings, insights and providing recommendations to where/what the business should explore.
- You’ll work closely with the Optimisation Manager and Optimisation Lead to help support, coach and develop junior team members as well as the wider business on optimisation best practices, methods and tools.
- Part of your time will also be spent within a multi-disciplinary squad, which is made up of a team of specialists - with everything (and everyone) you need to continually improve the on-site experience.
A Few Things About You
- You’ll have a proven track-record of fast pace experimentation and driving growth while enhancing user experience.
- You’ll be inquisitive about customer behaviour and be able to use appropriate tools and methods to reveal the why , what and where behind customer interactions.
- You’ll demonstrate flair, creativity, excitement and most importantly passion for your work
- You can contextualise and communicate complex issues in the area of optimisation to generate buy-in from other areas of the business
- You’ll be an ambassador for "test & learn" thinking within AO, helping to build understanding by proactively sharing the insights and added value of our optimisation initiatives
- Aware of your own limitations and areas for development, and shows a willingness to share, learn & take constructive feedback from others.
- Experience in using web analytics platform, such as Adobe Analytics/Google Analytics to derive customer insight/s and understand experiment performance * Familiar with an experimentation platform e.g. Maxymiser, Dynamic Yield, Monetate etc
- Understand user research methods e.g. surveys, session replay, remote user testing
- Can demonstrates effective experiment design e.g. writing data-drive hypotheses calculating sample sizes, experiment run-times etc
- Familiar with statistics e.g. frequentist and Bayesian methods
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.