A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This is a great opportunity to come and join an amazing team in an amazing business, creating some really cool content. We’re looking for someone with a great eye for detail, awesome design skills, creative flair, who generally loves everything about video, motion, and VFX. Great communication skills are essential and the ability to tackle every aspect of projects from start to finish is a must.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Participate in creative "kick-off" sessions, collaborating with the other motion graphics designers and wider Multimedia team to constantly push the boundaries of our creations * Concept and execute animated assets for a variety of projects including product explainers, branded video content, animated infographics, graphics for website and social platforms
- When required, work closely with 3D animators, scriptwriters and editors to understand project objectives, assist in the creation of storyboards and produce highly engaging and complex animations
- Providing accurate updates and time estimates on projects you are responsible for
- Taking an active interest in advancements in technology and techniques in animation, taking inspiration from industry leaders and encouraging development and collaboration within the team.
- Working to mentor and develop more junior members of the team.
A Few Things About You
- Have a strong skill set in motion design, animated content and compositing
- Has an exceptional eye for detail, layout and typography
- Possess a strong ability to translate ideas into animated creative solutions
- Able to bring pre-designed assets and storyboards to life
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, with experience of working within a creative team
- Is able to work under pressure to deadlines and multi task effectively, taking accountability for your own work
- Obsesses about the detail and has a huge passion for delivering quality work
- Is able to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders whilst effectively managing expectations and offering ideas
- Displays a good understanding of, and effectively deploys principles of animation
- Thinks innovatively and takes initiative with regards to future team/business aims
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.