About The Role
AO are looking for an experienced marketing manager to lead and evolve our advertising and social community strategy. This is a highly varied role working across media channels such as TV, radio, print and VOD, as well as supporting our organic social team to grow engaged communities. The overall objective is to keep AO front of mind as the electrical retailer of choice for our target audience.
We’re looking for someone who is equally confident at the creative and analytic sides of marketing. We love big ideas and customer led content that can be measured and optimised as you go. You’ll have responsibility for a multi-million pound media budget, working with a team of in-house and agency experts to plan and deliver the annual spend. We don’t expect you to do all of this on your own and you’ll have support from a team of 5-6 marketing execs and assistants to deliver these plans. The role would suit an existing marketing manager with advertising and social experience who is looking for a new challenge within an ambitious and growing marketing team.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Own the media strategy for AO by being the in-house expert in media planning. You’ll work closely with our media agency and be responsible for channel selection, phasing, testing and optimisation.
* Lead the organic social team to build our follower communities, keeping them engaged through content and primed to convert into new customers.
* Develop a test & learn plan to identify and refine the best performing tactics, including audience targeting strategies; constantly striving to improve performance.
· Collaborate with other in-house marketing teams such as the digital marketing teams, the comms/ PR team, and CRM, to deliver through the line campaigns.
* Own relationships with media partners, both direct and via agencies.
* Set KPIs for each campaign and measure performance against these.
* Have accountability for media spend, including budget management and reporting.
Support and develop a team of 5-6 marketing execs and assistants
A Few Things About You
- Passionate about all things media and social, and seen as an expert in the field.
- Broad marketing knowledge with previous experience in delivering content that engages and converts new customers.
- Experience of delivering multi-channel campaigns that meet or exceed the agreed KPIs, ideally with a background in retail.
- A strategic thinker who can see the bigger picture, as well as being on top of the day to day detail.
- Analytical and results driven, constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and proactive.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.