About The Role
AO’s customer-led approach is at the heart of everything the Marketing team do and our success is only as good as the data and insights we have available. This role centers on surfacing the right data across the team, for all three business units (AO.com, AO.de and Mobile) with the objective of improving efficiency, ROI and supporting business goals.
It is a varied role, supporting all channels, and will include some general report and dashboard building, as well as regular channel deep dives, support on AO’s custom attribution model development, working with audience and segment analysis, and any ad hoc challenges the marketing team need analytics support on.
We empower you to push the boundaries and to continually look for smarter ways to work, find new theories to test and discover new tech that can add value.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Data Quality - you will support the team in ensuring data integrity and completeness, driving improvements to enrich the available data sets and the scope of insights they can generate
· Reporting basics - you will work with key stakeholders to build reporting to monitor their KPIs and help automate performance reporting in the form of Dashboards where possible
· Delving deeper - by asking the right questions, working with other teams and interrogating large data sets you’ll be able to help identify opportunities for the team deliver against challenging targets
· Innovation - supporting on large business data projects like Attribution and Econometrics, you’ll be at the forefront of how we determine success across the marketing team, as well cascading updates and insights into the team
· Translating data into actionable insights - working seamlessly across our marketing and commercial teams, you will help ensure that insights are translated into actions, presented in an easy to understand format and show a clear estimated value that can be measured once the actions are delivered
A Few Things About You
· A proven track record of interrogating data and identifying trends that can shape strategic decisions
· A strong understanding of digital and offline marketing channels
· Willingness to question and challenge the way things are done
· Microsoft Excel to a very high standard, SQL advantageous, Google and/or Adobe Analytics platforms essential
· Visualisation tools like Data Studio or Power BI advantageous
· Excellent organisational and time management skills, using own initiative
· Attention to detail and impeccable accuracy
· Positive, hardworking and a real ‘can-do’ attitude
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.