A Bit About Us
We’ve now been part of AO.com for a while and are a flourishing recycling business, well placed within a growing industry, underpinned by multi-million pound investment in new sites and integral to the eco-system of one of the UK’s leading on-line retailers.
With AO.com and AO Logistics, we are well placed to deliver our aspirations to revolutionise electrical recycling; continuously driving change for the benefit of future generations.
This clear mission and strategies to accelerate growth and deliver real, meaningful results, ultimately leading white goods recycling in the UK and Europe.
Our current sites are a state-of-the-art white goods and packaging recycling plant in Telford, Shropshire. We have clear plans to build a second recycling plant in 2021 as we continue to grow.
In addition, we’ve recently opened a plastics recycling plant near the Telford recycling plant, taking the outputs from processing white goods and turning this back into plastics which can be used in new products.
Further expansion and investment are expected in 2022 and are likely to mirror AO.com European footprint.
More About the Role
We are looking for a self-motivated, hands-on and determined individual, who has the ambition to match our own. This role sits within our multi-faceted IT Projects Team and is ideally suited to an IT Business Analyst with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
Your key responsibility will be to support and drive the business in this growth, with maturing processes and systems which underpin a successful multi-site operation. Your vision, passion, energy and attention to detail, along with fantastic interpersonal skills will enable you to business partner, lead managed change and execute solutions with meaningful improvements.
You will be supported not only by the on-site projects team, but also a strong central function based at AO.com’s head office in Bolton. You will work closely with key stakeholders and the local leadership team to turn the business strategy into tangible results, creating the platform for continued success.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- equirement gathering workshops; eliciting, documenting and validating these requirements, and playing them back in a clear and concise manner.
- * Autonomously managing small and medium sized projects, some with strategic bias.
- * Reviewing requirements and having the knowledge to indicate requirement gaps or conflicting information, and using business partnering skills to close these gaps.
- * Driving and challenging business assumptions and processes to ensure To Be is not simple a replication of As Is, and provides a solution fit for purpose for the future of the business.
- * Lead constructive debate, re position solutions and create consensus.
- * Serve as a conduit between the Product Owner, stakeholders, and both internal and external development teams.
- * Interacting with existing 3rd Party developers and find new 3rd Parties to deliver projects effectively, within agreed timescales and on budget, whilst maintaining exceptional quality of work.
- * Create As Is and To Be processing mapping, including multiple and complex processes with inter-dependencies, along with use case documentation. To Be process mapping incorporates direct contribution to enhance processes to deliver real business benefit and future proof as the business continues to develop and grow.
- * Be an active contributor to stand ups, sprint planning, project prioritisation, and resource mapping.
- * Create test scripts, UAT processes and acceptance criteria, effectively managing and corralling business resource to ensure test excellence.
- * Seamlessly transition between discussions around operational processes and customer outcomes to technical feasibility and implementation.
- * Create innovative solutions, challenge the status-quo and drive continuous improvement, being the catalyst for change.
- * Support the development of other team members.
A Few Things About You
- able to manage fluid and contradictory requirements and find collaborative solutions.
- * Have a proven analytical mind-set with the ability to create technical solutions.
- * Resilient, self-motivated and solution-focused.
- * Accomplished at building strong relationships, internally and externally, and creating a strong knowledge network.
- * Methodical and analytical approach to work and be able to effectively manage multiple projects and the associated workload.
- * Inquisitive, thriving in a change environment and unafraid to make bold decisions.
- * Willing to take ownership and understand impacts of process change across the whole business and each stakeholder.
- * Recognised business analyst certification/formal training.
- * Good to strong knowledge of various MS office packages including Excel, Visio and Project.
- * Good to strong knowledge of Azure and AWS cloud technologies
- * Degree (minimum 2:1) with relevant experience in business analysis.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.