About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to step into a Finance Manager(MAT Cover) with our UK Retail Finance team. This is a busy and demanding role and requires somebody who is happy going into the detail with meticulous attention.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment across a wide range of stakeholders, want to improve your business understanding, and have a desire to improve and innovate in a collaborative fashion continually, you will be well suited to the role!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Taking full responsibility for management reporting and finance business partnering across 2 of AO’s key business units - Mobile Phones Direct and our B2B division.
- Full ownership of key areas of Balance Sheet reconciliations and the P&L for both divisions, including commentary and variance analysis
- Working closely with the Commercial teams you will be responsible for the review and analysis of performance vs forecasts
- You will take the lead in managing key stakeholders within each division including the Managing Directors and Operational teams
- You will take line management responsibility for a team of two assistant accountants, managing their workloads and their ongoing development
A Few Things About You
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant, with experience in a Management Accountant or Business Partnering role.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Able to keep calm under pressure and deal with setbacks in a positive way
- A confident communicator and not afraid to challenge existing ways of working
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.