About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employee Relations (ER) professional to join AO as a Senior Advisor. As our newly appointed Senior Employee Relations Advisor you'll be central to managing complex and high-risk casework, as well as working with the ER Manager to partner with stakeholders across AO. You'll be a key influence and drive change to help assure a brilliant People Experience through all that the ER Team does. Most importantly, you will also have line management and leadership responsibility for our ER Advisors, where you'll ensure they are supported and developed into a high-performance team.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Manage high-risk and high-profile casework and act as the point of escalation for any high-risk and/or complex queries from the team.
- Manage ACAS and Employment Tribunal processes.
- Identify and report on themes and trends and act as lead for change management across ER including consultation, redundancy, TUPE, etc.
- Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships with leaders and managers across AO by demonstrating and encouraging commercial awareness across AO's casework.
- Line manager for all ER Advisors, providing support through feedback, coaching, and opportunities for continuous development whilst ensuring SLAs are met within the team and cases are managed, prioritised, and escalated at the appropriate time.
A Few Things About You
- In-depth understanding and application of UK employment legislation.
- Line management and leadership skills that are well suited to a collaborative team.
- Adaptable and proactively seek out opportunities for improvements and lead/drive positive change.
- Experience in managing ACAS Early Conciliation and Employment Tribunal proceedings.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence at all levels in a business including at a senior management level and with challenging stakeholder engagement.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.