About The Role
We are looking for a highly creative, driven and experienced Senior Designer to join our team. You’ll have the chance to work on some amazing projects with international brands and take concepts from ideation stage through to completion, remaining hands on throughout. You’ll need to be experienced in print and digital and have the confidence to design and lead across multiple channels. A solid understanding of responsive design is advantageous and a passionate approach is essential.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Participate in creative "kick-off" sessions, collaborating with the creative designers and wider creative teams to constantly push the boundaries of our creations
• When required, work closely with copywriters, developers and stakeholders to understand project objectives, assist in the creation of concepts and produce highly engaging multi-channel artwork.
• Designing responsive web pages, emails, display, social media assets and print material for both manufacturer campaigns and the AO brand.
• Providing accurate updates and time estimates on projects you are responsible for.
• Taking an active interest in advancements in technology and techniques in design, taking inspiration from industry leaders and encouraging development and collaboration within the team.
• Working to mentor and develop more junior members of the team.
A Few Things About You
• Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, with experience of working within a creative team
• Is able to work under pressure to deadlines and multi task effectively, taking accountability for your own work
• Obsesses about the detail and has a huge passion for delivering quality work
• Is able to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders whilst effectively managing expectations and offering creative ideas
• Has an exceptional eye for detail, layout and typography
• Displays a excellent understanding of responsive web design and UX methodologies.
• Thinks innovatively and takes initiative with regards to future team/business aims
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.