About The Role
We’re looking for a Senior Content Manager with advertising copywriting experience to manage our team of campaign copywriters. The role is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves writing and has experience of creating world class content that’s engaging, informative and innovative. You’ll have a commercial campaign and editorial background, and be confident bringing our content to life with your very own literary magic and strong leadership skills.
You’ll work across a variety of digital, media and print briefs and you’ll play an integral role in helping us build our brand and execute a consistent tone of voice across the AO Group and associated channels. You’ll collaborate with a range of creative departments including our Design, Motion Graphics, 3D, Film and Marketing teams, amongst others, and you’ll manage a talented team of creative writers to ensure projects are on brand and delivered to deadline. This is a really exciting and creative role with lots of opportunities to develop skills in different areas.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Write, manage and develop copy across a range of briefs for digital, media and print.
• Manage a team of talented writers, help develop their skills and ensure their work is on brand and delivered to deadline.
• Manage the team’s workflow and delegate relevant projects.
• Proof and feedback on the team’s copy, working closely with the Head of Content for sign off.
• Deliver collaborative workshops for the team to encourage new ideas and creative development.
• Work closely with our other creative teams to ensure our copy and video scripts are consistently on brand and on brief.
• Create and develop messaging hierarchies, content frameworks and guidelines for key projects/campaigns across the different business units within the AO group.
• Develop a test and learn framework for all major projects, using data and insights to shape and craft compelling copy.
• Ensure all copy adheres to SEO best practice.
A Few Things About You
• At least two years’ experience in a similar role, preferably from a creative agency background.
• Curious of mind, on top of the latest media, communication and marketing trends across the industry.
• Experience of managing in-house teams with a passion for people development.
• Excellent copywriting skills with a strong understanding of how to structure content across multiple disciplines (copy and video scripts) and channels. Particular understanding and evidence of advertising copywriting is essential.
• Capable of communicating in a clear, open, convincing, and inspiring manner.
• Success with effectively and quickly building relationships and establishing trust among peers.
• Comfortable with working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.