A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This position is to help drive the key commercial objectives of AO’s Mobile division, with end-to-end support of all aspects of our Network relationships and delivering of our commercial and contractual obligations within the UK Mobile marketplace.
As a key part of the networks team, you will be important in driving successful and innovative proposition plans that deliver against the key Performance Indicators and accelerate rapid and sustainable growth.
In conjunction with the Head of Networks, you will take an instrumental role in building a promotional service calendar to help underpin our growth ambitions.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Support all aspects of the day to day management of our Network partners.
- Using quality data and insight, identify new categories & services to bring to market, ensuring incremental sales & margin growth
- Deliver the network strategy to optimise trading performance to deliver the best propositions to our customers.
- Help develop maintain & enhance relationships with a view to securing exclusives and preferential investment and propositions for our customers to address all customer segments and trends
- Identify and exploit tariff and proposition opportunities across all categories and channels, optimising network sales volume and value.
- Deliver a promotional product calendar which drives disruption and contributes strongly to our customer acquisition and retention ambitions
- Evaluate and interpret the impact of category & pricing decisions, as well as promotional activity, to ensure sound commercial planning and to identify opportunities to improve network performance.
- Work with Networks on a daily basis to drive performance, identify & execute corrective actions where appropriate
- Build a strong competitor understanding across the team to support strategic and tactical decision-making
- Collaborate with the Head of Networks on the preparation revenue, volume & margin forecasts, budgets and other ad-hoc analysis as required
A Few Things About You
- We are looking for someone who is influential with high energy, creative yet sharply commercial, numerate and full of ideas.
- You will be able to demonstrate your ability to think overall ‘proposition’ and not just product, making sure customer experience across all customer channels are front of mind.
- Demonstrable track record of success in managing relationships at senior level, with experience of working within a complex commercial environment
- Experience of complex commercial modelling in an aggressive and mature market place.
- Proven experience of working with varied and cross-functional teams
- Persuasive presenter, facilitator and negotiator with the ability to engage and gain support throughout the organisation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in demanding environment
- A strong understanding of Telecommunications industry, ideally experienced in driving category sales online and offline
- Evidence of strategy development, project implementation, team building, strategic planning and forecasting
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.