Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
About The Role
Our commercial team are slap bang in the middle of our retail business. (Literally - they sit on the 2nd floor)… Without them, we wouldn’t have the insights needed to make decisions on range, pricing, promotions and all the other things that makes AO the number one destination for electricals.
You'll add value to the business, taking ownership of developing the commercial P&L, driving forward performance of our retail business through insightful investigation, analysis and the implementation of accurate forecast models.
Collaboration is key! You'll build relationships with our Senior Management team, Finance, Traders, Supply Chain and the wider Commercial team, to positively impact AO performance and strategy.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Own the production, development and distribution of the UK retail P&L, key metrics and commentary. Working closely with the wider commercial team to understand key drivers of revenue and profitability.
• Provide insightful reporting to senior stakeholders across all metrics as required.
• Drive improvement throughout the P&L, challenging key metrics and identify areas of opportunity within our offering.
• Build forecasting models to demonstrate our current performance and expected future value.
• Use third party data to analyse market share and areas of over/under performance.
• Educate, support and police the business in pursuit of all relevant sales and profitability metrics.
• Adding full commercial control to all decisions in your area, considering the P&L contribution impact of your actions.
A Few Things About You
- Part-qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA.
- Experience of working within a commercial or accounting function pulling together financial reporting.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly within Excel
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations
- Logical and tenacious approach, with a can-do attitude
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.