About The Role
We are looking for a driven and proactive Senior Analyst to join our exciting and ever-growing UK Logistics Business, focusing on commercial finance performance.
You will add value to the business, taking ownership of developing the commercial P&L, driving forward performance of our retail business through insightful investigation, analysis and the implementation of accurate forecast models.
You will build collaborative relationships with Senior Management, Finance Teams, Traders, Supply chain and the wider Commercial team, to positively impact AO performance and strategy.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Own the production, development and distribution of the UK retail P&L, key metrics and commentary. Working closely with the wider commercial team to understand key drivers of revenue and profitability.
- Provide insightful reporting to senior stakeholders across all metrics as required.
- Drive improvement throughout the P&L, challenging key metrics and identify areas of opportunity within our offering.
- Build forecasting models to demonstrate our current performance and expected future value.
- Use third party data to analyse market share and areas of over/under performance.
- Educate, support and police the business in pursuit of all relevant sales and profitability metrics.
- Adding full commercial control to all decisions in your area, considering the P&L contribution impact of your actions.
A Few Things About You
- Minimum 2.1 degree
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set.
- Recently Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- 3+ years’ experience of working within a commercial or accounting function pulling together financial reporting.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in building forecasting models, working with multiple stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of PowerBI or other similar visualization and analytical tools.
- Understanding of data warehouses, SQL and cubes.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.