A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We are looking for a driven and proactive Senior Analyst to join our exciting and ever-growing UK Retail Business.
You will add value to the business, taking ownership of driving commercial development for an exciting new business area; building commercial processes, providing key analysis, driving forward performance and the implementation of relevant actions.
This is a great opportunity to get involved early on in this business area, with huge exposure and a wide scope for career development.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Drive commercial development, building and delivering reporting and plans, providing insightful recommendations and seeing these through to implementation.
- Own the development of the business P&L and KPIs, tracking performance, highlighting areas of risk or opportunity and working with relevant stakeholders to capitalize.
- Constantly review our proposition and that of competitors, testing & trialling approaches to areas including pricing, promotions and advertising.
- Build reporting to understand and demonstrate our current performance drivers, upcoming challenges and produce accurate forecasting to feed into the wider business.
- Work closely with the wider commercial team to roll out the AO approach into the new business areas and provide standardised reporting.
- You will build collaborative relationships with Senior Management, Trading Teams, Supply chain and the wider Commercial team, to positively impact performance and strategy.
A Few Things About You
- Minimum 2.1, preferably in Maths, Statistics, Economics, Accounting or Business-related discipline. Highly numerate/analytical mind-set.
- 3+ years’ experience of working within a commercial function and project ownership.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Recently Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Experience in building forecasting models, working with multiple stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of PowerBI or other similar visualization and analytical tools.
- Understanding of data warehouses, SQL and cubes.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.