A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
AO Recycling, part of the AO Group, have a state of the art white goods and packaging recycling plant in Telford, Shropshire. Due to demand, a second recycling plant was announced in 2019, and will be completed in 2020.
A flourishing recycling business, well placed within a growing industry, underpinned by multi-million pound investment in new sites and integral to the eco-system of one of the UK’s leading on-line retailers.
A clear mission and strategies to accelerate growth and deliver real, meaningful results, ultimately leading white goods recycling in the UK and Europe.
More About the Role
We are looking for a self-motivated, hands-on and determined individual, who has the ambition to match our own. This role sits within our multi-faceted Projects Team and is ideally suited to a Business Analyst with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
Your key responsibility will be to support and drive the business in this growth, with maturing processes and systems which underpin a successful multi-site operation. Your vision, passion, energy and attention to detail, along with fantastic interpersonal skills will enable you to business partner, lead managed change and execute solutions with meaningful improvements.
You will be supported not only by the on-site projects team, but also a strong central function based in AO.com’s head office in Bolton. You will work closely with key stakeholders and the local leadership team to turn the business strategy into tangible results, and create the platform for continued success.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Report to the Project Manager, with dotted line into AO.com Project Management Teams.
- Understands the business value of projects quickly.
- Backlog management with clear communication to all stakeholders of prioritisation and changes to prioritisation.
- Lead requirement gathering workshops; eliciting, documenting and validating these requirements, and playing them back in a clear and concise manner.
- Autonomously managing small and medium sized projects, some with strategic bias.
- Reviewing requirements and having the knowledge to indicate requirement gaps or conflicting information, and using business partnering skills to close these gaps.
- Driving and challenging business assumptions and processes to ensure To Be is not simple a replication of As Is, and provides a solution fit for purpose for the future of the business.
- Lead constructive debate, reposition solutions and create consensus.
- Serve as a conduit between the Product Owner, stakeholders, and both internal and external development teams.
- Interacting with existing 3rd Party developers and find new 3rd Parties to deliver projects effectively, within agreed timescales and on budget, whilst maintaining exceptional quality of work.
- Create As Is and To Be processing mapping, including multiple and complex processes with interdependencies, along with use case documentation. To Be process mapping incorporates direct contribution to enhance processes to deliver real business benefit or future proof.
- Be an active contributor to daily stand ups, sprint planning, project prioritisation, resource mapping and HLE’s.
- Create test scripts, UAT processes and acceptance criteria, effectively managing and corralling business resource to ensure test excellence.
- Complete detailed analysis (of large and complex data sets) down to granular level, identifying trends, and develop clear and accurate specifications.
- Seamlessly transition between discussions around operational processes and customer outcomes to technical feasibility and implementation.
- Create innovative solutions, challenge the status-quo and drive continuous improvement, being the catalyst for change.
- Support the development of other team members.
A Few Things About You
Knowledge of IT and technical components, Power BI, or SQL, would be beneficial.Degree (minimum 2:1) with relevant experience in business analysis.Good to strong knowledge of MS office package including Excel, Visio and Project.Recognised business analyst certification/formal training.Willing to take ownership and understand impacts of process change across the whole business and each stakeholder.Inquisitive, thriving in a change environment and unafraid to make bold decisions.Methodical and analytical approach to work and be able to effectively manage multiple projects and the associated workload.Accomplished at building strong relationships, internally and externally, and creating a strong knowledge network.Resilient, self-motivated and solution-focused.Have a proven analytical mind-set with the ability to create technical solutions.Be able to manage fluid and contradictory requirements and find collaborative solutions.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.