About The Role
You can do a lot of things in 12 months. Train for the London Marathon, learn a whole new language or even go off and have a baby… And funnily enough, our Senior Brand Manager has decided to do just that. So we need someone to come in and take the reins whilst she’s swapping insights for nappies and strategy for sleepless nights.
Playing the part of Senior Brand Manager is no easy feat - you’ll look after the brand strategy across the AO Group and make sure all activity is delivered in line with our guidelines, values, and purpose. But you’ll have tonnes of support from AO’s very best, as you’ll report into our Director of Brand & Marketing.
Day-to-day, you’ll really embed yourself within the different parts of our business as you’ll be getting stuck in on a variety of brand building and customer journey projects. If you can bring us the creativity, enthusiasm, and passion that we need, we can offer you the chance to really progress your career and make a huge impact on our big, green business.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Be the guardian for the AO brand across the whole group
• Lead our brand strategy, making sure it’s aligned to our purpose and rooted in customer and market insights
• Update our Brand Guidelines and make sure they are always used by AO teams and our external agencies
• Champion the brand internally and help other AOers understand what it’s there for and how to use it
• Lead on the development of key propositions in collaboration with wider teams
• Measure the success of the brand and reporting on this regularly
• Directly manage one of our Brand Managers and be responsible for their personal development
A Few Things About You
• Previous experience within a senior brand management role
• Experience developing and delivering a strong brand identity
• Genuine passion and flair for branding
• Great time management and prioritisation skills, with the ability to oversee multiple projects at a time
• Proven people and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence others up to senior level
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.