A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Working on our online content you will apply your creative and technical art skills, using reference photography to generate animation ready models for our market leading product review videos - paying particular attention to realism, poly count and edgeflow. Whilst this role doesn’t have any direct line management, you will be expected to coach and provide feedback to a team of 3 Junior 3D Modellers.
This role would really suit a 3D Modeller with studio or in-house experience who would relish the challenge of joining an extremely fast paced and rapidly growing business!
Please include links to your portfolio / showreel on your CV to support your application as we are unable to consider applications without this!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- You will be part of a close-knit team, working with other Junior Modellers and Modellers to produce high quality, animation ready 3D models for our online product review videos
- Collaborating with other modellers to develop new techniques and ensure that we work in the most efficient and effective way possible
- Working to tight deadlines to deliver 3D models to the animation team; providing accurate updates on work in progress
- Working with the wider team to find technical solutions to challenging models - especially when we have a new product to work on
- Providing constructive feedback to Junior Modellers in your stream and coaching them to be able to develop their modelling skills
A Few Things About You
- Has experience coaching and developing junior members of a team
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is able to work under pressure to deadlines and multi task effectively, taking accountability for your own work
- Obsesses about the detail and has a huge passion for delivering quality work
- Has a knack for problem solving and technical thinking skills
TECHNICAL SKILLS - Essential
- Experience in hard surface modelling
- Strong high and low poly modelling experience
- Strong Photoshop skills
- Experience using Cinema4D, Maya, 3dsmax or other similar 3D packages. Our team all work on Cinema4D and training will be provided for candidates with experience in another software package.
TECHNICAL SKILLS - Nice to have
- Experience in Thea, Octance, Arnold, Vray or similar renderer
- Experience with zBrush
- Knowledge of rigging
- Good lighting skills
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.