A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Our Sales and Service Operatives will report directly into the managers and need to be able to work well in a busy environment alongside our other Sales and Service Operatives as well as our Warehouse operatives.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
We are looking for a new Sales and Service Operative to join our growing sales team at AO Outlet. As our Sales and Service Operative you will be generating a greater revenue from the retail sales of white goods through existing and new UK retail markets. Out Ideal candidate will be self-driven with a caring approach to customer service with a lean and smart approach to account management. You will do this by;
* Reporting to site managers
* Previous sales account management experience not essential as training will be given
* Sales targets will be based on weekly, monthly and quarterly volumes, profit and new customers
* Average order values range from £100-£2.5K
* You will be based at our flagship store in Telford
* Maximising sales via all sales streams
* Dealing with customer service issues
* Directing merchandising of stock in the warehouse
* Willingness to go the extra mile for the customers
* Listing items using EBay, Facebook and Gumtree.
* Excellent customer service by making sure that our customers receive a great experience
* Monday-Friday 9.00am-5.00pm and Saturday 10.00am- 4.00pm
A Few Things About You
It is important that our Sales & Service Operatives can work together, can stay motivated and positive even at our busiest times. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given. You also need to be bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There is plenty of opportunity to progress so with the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business.
* Organisational and time management skills
* Keen eye for detail
* Previous Face to face sales experience would be an advantage
* Computer literate
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Positive "can do" attitude
* A calm, patient and approachable demeanour
* Team player
* Any previous experience of the white goods industry would be an advantage but not essential
* Good computer skills
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.