A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
- The basic salary for the role is £32,000 with a realistic OTE of £65,000 - £75,000 in year one.
- Genuine career opportunity - Head of Sales promoted internally and 100 % of senior sales managers promoted from within.
- Defined career path/clear progression opportunities within a FTSE 250 organisation.
- Motivating and driving performance within a team of high achieving sales professionals.
- Working within a dynamic fast paced sales office.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- The ability to inspire and motivate high calibre sales professionals.
- Experience of leading sales professionals in a high activity sales role.
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the full sales cycle.
- A highly motivated attitude to targets.
- Goal orientated with a passion to succeed.
- Act with integrity at all times - placing the customer at the heart of all the decisions.
A Few Things About You
- 2-3 years team management experience in a high activity outbound environment.
- Experience of using coaching models to improve and drive performance.
- Evidence of success as a sales person prior to promotion.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.