A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Ledger Clerk to work within the AO Retail Finance team. The position is a full time role based at our Horwich Head Office reporting directly into the Revenue Accountant.
This role is ideally suited to someone looking for a career in the financial sector. We are looking for an eager individual who can add value to a fast paced, dynamic finance environment and has an upbeat, "can do" attitude. The role will involve a wide range of tasks with the key focus being business account reconciliation and credit management.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Raising and issuing sales Invoices
* Maintain sales ledger records in and off system
* Monitor payments received and balances due
* Allocating all monies received to customer accounts
* Account and statement reconciliations
* Management of client debt balances and chasing outstanding accounts
* Resolving queries on accounts and updating records
* Issuing monthly statements to business customer
* Liaise with internal and external bodies to resolve queries
* Bank reconciliations
* Production of management information (aged debtors reporting)
* General administration and ad hoc duties as required
A Few Things About You
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade B or above
* Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
* Strong attention to detail
* Well organised and efficient
* Be able to work to daily/weekly/ monthly deadlines displaying speed and accuracy
* Able to work under pressure
* A good team player as well as having the ability to work independently
* Willingness to learn and proactively seek resolutions
* Be able to prioritise workload
* Strong Microsoft office skills
* Experience in financial accounting software, such as Â Microsoft Dynamics (AX) is preferred but not essential
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.