About The Role
Making customers happy is at the heart of everything we do. It’s such a big deal at AO that even our logo is smiling! As a Sales Executive, you’ll play a big part in keeping our customers content and their purchases protected.
And it’s not just our customers we want to keep happy; we want our AOers to have a permanent smile too. Our sales social calendar is loaded with awards days, incentives, and social activities to keep hearts pumping and recognition front of mind.
Basic salary starts at £27,851, but we want you to earn what you deserve from day one. 85% of our team took home £50K OTE last year, and our top earners over £65K! No funny business, no moving goal posts - just realistic targets, designed to be achieved.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our customers love how easy it is to place an order with us online, knowing that they’re buying world-class white goods. And we want to do everything we can to make sure they’re protected just in case something goes wrong. You’ll be calling customers after they’ve ordered to offer our value-added services.
We want to leave a lasting impression on everyone who shops with us, so you’ll quickly build connections and take a personal approach to understanding their needs. Nobody likes a pushy salesperson, so take a consultative approach with our customers. We trust you, and your experience, to get the best results.
You’ll be working 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday, with no weekends and no overtime. This is a fully remote role - we'll just need you onsite in our Bolton office for the first few months while you complete your training. Then it’s over to you to decide where you work best.
A Few Things About You
Working in a fast-paced, outbound sales role is nothing new for you - so previous experience, backed with confidence in your own ability is a must. You’ll also need to have:
- A preference for taking a consultative approach to sales, led by integrity
- A desire to hit your goals, inside and away from work
- The ability to keep your chin up in the face of adversity, and can turn past failings into lessons for success
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!