About The Role
As our Route Planner you will need to work collaboratively with the Transport team, Outbases, Warehouse and Commercial team every day to make sure that our products go out on time and we have maximised our routing potential to its fullest.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
As our Route Planner it is your responsibility to maintain an efficient routing model without impacting the service we deliver to our customers. You will route our core fleet on a day-to-day basis and ensure that all routes are maximised. You will do this by;*Using Roadnet software to build routes in time with operational needs
- Following the full life cycle of routing from pre-plan through to vehicle maximisation and issuing these plans to our warehouse and outbase network
- Liaising with the commercial team to highlight any changes in volume and possible changes that are needed to support this
- Finding solutions to minimise routing inefficiencies
- Communicating with the Crewe warehouse and Outbases to make sure that any operational issues have minimal effect on the delivery of our goods and the promises we make to our customers
- Dealing with drivers for issuing paperwork and de-briefs including notifying transport of vehicles off road that might affect vehicle availability
A Few Things About You
We want someone who is cares about the promises we make to our customers and is driven to create the best routes for our core fleet. You need to be smart enough to think on your feet even in a difficult or pressurised environment and be friendly and approachable in order to maintain effective working relationships with all operational departments. We also need someone who is bold enough to work alone and trust their own judgements and be able to justify routing decisions to the business.
- A good understanding of drivers hours regulations
- Comprehensive geographical knowledge of the whole of the UK
- Understanding of legal limits on vehicles and other regulations
- Able to present information to senior managers
- Experience of working in a deadline-driven and pressurised environment
- Proven analytical skills and great attention to detail
- Proven skills with making balanced and informed decisions alone
- Experience of working in a Retail, Logistics or a service-driven environment
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Able to create effective working relationships and can inspire trust in others
- A methodical and decisive approach to all tasks
- Customer focussed*Able to work well under pressure
- Excel and Microsoft packages are essential for this role
- Experience of using Roadnet or other routing software is an advantage but not essential
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.