About The Role
You will be responsible for developing key tasks in line with reward strategies and people analytics. Aligned to these objectives our total reward ‘offer’ will set out our ambitions to create the right experience for our people. This role will lead on designing, embedding and evolving this offer to both attract and retain the people we need to deliver our strategy. Alongside this, you will also further evolve our pay, benefits, and recognition practices, ensuring these align to our values and behaviours, drive our cultural ambitions, and are an appropriate and a cost-effective use of our financial resources.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Manage the reward plan; clear goals and objectives
- Review current policies and practices and implement improvements
- Oversee equal pay audits
- Complete annual pay remit process
- Work within and demonstrate a thorough understanding of employment law specifically related to pay and benefits
- Work alongside key business stakeholders
- Develop excellent working relationships with the senior management team
- Benchmark market data to develop strategy
- Carry out annual reward related equality audits ensuring fairness and consistency in the operation of reward recognition and benefits strategies and related policy procedures and systems.
- Gather and analyse data, using statistical models
- Use data to help us understand our internal workforce, our potential external future workforce and know how we can best engage and manage our AOers to drive real business results and value.
- Build and develop a dashboard and tools to bring our workforce insights to our HR colleagues, business leaders and a wider audience to drive actions and self service
- Assist in various HR projects and continuous improvement and automations initiatives.
- Provide excellent service to ensure activities deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Maintain all people compliance requirements and reporting. Ensure proper quality controls are in place to avoid future issues. Perform, document and report all controls relevant to HR
- Will assist the HR Leaders to review service quality, operational metrics, and service levels and recommend changes.
- Provide ideas, solutions, and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of HR service.
A Few Things About You
- Extensive experience as a Lead Reward Consultant or similar role
- HR generalist, payroll knowledge
- Experience of developing and delivering reward and benefits strategies
- Proficient in the concept of total reward, benefits and recognition programmes
- Working knowledge of employment law and pension schemes
- Excellent in Excel and PowerPoint and other presentation software.
- Maintain HR data integrity by ensuring accuracy and consistency of input data.
- Audit HR data and troubleshoot irregularities.
- Support data governance processes.
- Survey Participation, benchmarking and organisation analysis: reward, engagement, performance, budget planning, and other ad hoc surveys
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently, with proven ability to form strong partnerships with key stakeholders (internal peers and customers).
- Manages special projects as assigned within the People Function.
- A data driven mind set; Troubleshoot data and reports.
- Ensure compliance with Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines.
- Customer focused, thorough and determined
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.