About The Role
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company to work for. The role will be located at our plant in Telford, Shropshire, which uses state of the art technology and is able to process more items, more efficiently than any other site in the UK.
We are growing rapidly and so with that, opportunities to develop and try new approaches become aplenty. If you are an energetic, hands on, innovative professional, this is the environment for you. We are part of a bigger group and with that backing comes stability and support for our business. And it is always worth remembering - we run a profitable business whilst doing the right thing for the environment.
The Shift Co-Ordinator role is available due to promotion. It is focused on delivering and exceeding KPI’s consistently, by motivating and driving processes for your teams, and by finding smarter and innovative ways to generate further efficiencies and effective processes. Excellence of performance will be central to the role.
The Shift Co-Ordinator must promote the highest levels of quality and performance whilst driving Health and Safety culture, and employee welfare. With the transition to online retail, the operation must be flexible to growing volumes, managing these effectively and delivering awe inspiring results on a daily basis.
Re-Use Production Department
The best form of recycling is re-use. We’re incredibly proud of this department and demand for superior quality, warrantied products is high (and growing). With over 25,000 appliances delivered to site weekly, we carefully select appliances with the best opportunity for a second life. We then test, repair, test, clean and then test again, prior to selling via our in-house sales team. More details can be found at ao.recycling.com.
The Re-Use Production team work closely with our offload function to make sure the best appliances can be given the second life they deserve, and with the Re-Use Sales Team to make sure they find the right home!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Reporting to the departmental manager, delivering KPIs through smart working.
* Support on building a strong team focused on quality and efficiency in everything they do in a safe and clean working environment by using methodologies and tools like 5S, KAIZEN or other CI Techniques.
* Understand, motivate and enhance your team (ensuring the most effective balance of skills and experience), creating a culture of recognising success and dealing with under performance consistently and with resolve. Within this culture, providing clear means for development, training and growth opportunities.
* Providing clear and consistent two-way communication to all team members, supported by other departments.
* Take responsibility for ensuring all activities and personnel comply with site Health, Safety and Environmental policies and regulations, working closely with the HSE department, whilst helping to deliver a world class HSE culture. Ensure all activities comply with relevant environmental regulations, permits and licences associated with the site.
* Work closely with other departments whether they are directly within your supply chain or not.
A Few Things About You
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK permanently and without restrictions. We are an inclusive and diverse business, celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual; in fact we believe this makes us stronger. Our recruitment mirrors this.
Key knowledge and skills for the Shift Co-Ordinator:
* Knowledge of working in with White Goods or in a recycling business would be desirable
* Demonstrated knowledge of CI techniques, 5S and KAIZEN Projects
* Experience of working in a supervisory role in a fast-paced environment
* Effective contribution to the achievement of our business plan by focusing on KPI targets, driving accountability and consistently challenging and involving the team to achieve results
* Review stock discrepancies ensuring all appliances are effectively tracked (via our in-house systems) and system to physical stock remains 100% accurate
* Housekeeping responsibility - ensure all areas are improved/maintained
* Carry out appraisals and reviews with direct reports, highlighting development areas and encouraging growth
* Monitor and control absence levels within the department, delivering the resource levels to meet demand, in a planned and cost-efficient manner
* Highlight departmental inefficiencies, ratify new processes and execute effective change
* Evidence of the capability to support visible, impactful change
* Acting with confidence, operating well under own direction
* Organising and motivating teams and individuals
* Strong Leadership and People Management skills
* Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships quickly
* A strong tenacious character who is willing to question the status quo
* Strong employee relations skills
* Self-sufficient and proactive
* Good interpersonal skills, confident in your approach
* Pro-active and flexible
* Organised, structured approach to work
* IT literate (MS Office)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and growing business, building on the current successes already delivered in a short time within the Operations function.
Education and Qualifications:
* Minimum 5 years’ operational experience with at least 3 years at Supervisory level
* Level 3 ILM level education (or equivalent, could be through apprenticeship or other pathway) is a must.
* WAMITAB preferable but not essential
* IOSH Qualified
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your well being, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.