About The Role
Our Returns Debriefers report directly into the Outbase Supervisor and need to be able to work well in a busy team with our Transhippers and Outbase operational employees along with our Self Employed Drivers.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You will play a key role in the customer journey and will make sure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do by ensuring that the right appliance goes to the right customer, on time and in excellent condition. You will do this by;
- Working to deadlines processing the returned appliances and collections
- Correctly loading the scrap trailer to go back to Head Office
- Checking the vehicles for non-functional CCTV
- Picking appliances for same day deliveries when applicable
- Complete vehicle checks using driver check sheets
- Grading any scrap collections for return to Head Office in line with company standards
- Communicating with drivers and levying driver fines as required
- Using the correct manual handling techniques and safe systems of work in line with H&S training
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
- Excellent customer service by making sure that our products leave the Outbase on time in perfect condition to deliver our promise.
- Ensure that the returns trailer is graded correctly in line with company policy
A Few Things About You
It is important that our returns operatives work together and stay motivated throughout their shift. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given whilst being bold enough to confidently communicate with Drivers and report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There is plenty of opportunity to progress for any of our returns operatives who demonstrate the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business.
- You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience
- Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
- An understanding of handling large products is desirable
- Experience in warehousing or logistics is desirable but not essential
- Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude
- Able to remain calm and focussed under pressure
- Reliable and self-motivated
A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.