About The Role
At AO we are passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience and this starts with you. You will be the face of AO to ensure a remarkable in-store experience for everyone that steps foot into our exciting new stores.
You will be a key component in ensuring our customers have the best possible journey by being welcoming, approachable and knowledgeable about the products we sell.
The hours for the role are 8-20 hours per week on a rota between 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 8pm Saturday and 10am - 5pm Sunday. The rota will include working three weekends out of eight.
Customer Experience is at the heart of everything we do, and the foundation of our success lies on keeping it the best it can be.
You will be trained as an expert in our product range to be best placed in delivering knowledge and advice on everything from Cookers to Laptops, plus Kettles and Toasters to Vacuum Cleaners. You will also be trained in something that is important to all AO’ers, wherever they work… treating every customer like your Gran!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Welcome customers to our store, delivering a world class customer experience
- Listen and talk to our customers to understand their needs and provide expert, unbiased advice on the products that are most suitable
- You could be talking gaming or cooking, cleaning or computing, Smart tech and so much more, ultimately helping customers decide what’s right for them
- You will take pride in presentation, ensuring your store is clean and tidy, product displays are visually pleasing, and that stock is replenished on a timely basis
- Process payments at the till point and send customers on their way with a smile on their face
- Work with our logistics team to receive, process and check off store deliveries
- Embrace the AO culture and values.
A Few Things About You
- You will have a passion for customer service - ideally, you are already experienced in Retail, but that isn’t the be all and end all!
- You should be interested in electricals and eager to learn more - we will ensure that you get great training so you can help our customers as much as possible
- Be exceptional in the moments that matter… Customers will always remember how you made them feel
- You’ll bring a positive energy into the store each day to ensure we have the happiest customers
- You should be confident dealing with a range of queries and have excellent communication skills
- Represent and protect our culture and values demonstrating these throughout
- You’ll be processing payments at till point and sending customers on their way with a smile their face.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite to make it better.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.