A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
As part of the Dialler and Resourcing team reporting into the Dialler and Resource Manager, the Resource Planning Manager will be responsible for ensuring optimum staffing levels at all times for our outbound dialling campaigns based on our long range sales forecast requirements, as well as being responsible holiday management and for the day to day management of agent activity. You will work with the Dialler Manager, the recruitment team, and contact centre personnel to identify and improve resourcing efficiencies.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Define, own and lead all planning activity to forecast staffing and resource requirements over the next financial year based on expected daily delivery of dialler data.
- Create ‘what if’ scenarios based on changes of staffing or data imports requirements.
- Work alongside AO recruitment, agreeing recruitment plans and setting start dates.
- Responsible for overtime requirements and shrinkage management to maintain optimal staffing levels.
- Successfully communicate forecast movements on a month on month basis to senior management, impact on staffing levels.
- Aftercare Capacity planning (workstations / licences required)
- Manage Holidays / Sickness.
- Monitor and reporting on real-time Adherence and effectiveness.
- Create weekly / Monthly / adhoc MI.
- Administration of intraday schedule/Rota changes.
- Communicate intraday risks to management.
- Support the outbound dialling function and overall team responsibilities.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
A Few Things About You
Experience within a resource management or business planning / analysis background.
- Able to analyse data to produce forecasts and reports.
- Advanced Excel skills and experienced with all other Microsoft packages.
- Ability to multi task and manage your own work effectively.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- First class interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Ability to handle confidential material.
- Willing to work shifts and overtime as required.
- Previous call centre experience (inbound/outbound) preferred.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.