A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
An excellent analytical role based in Manchester City Centre, the basic salary for the role is £23,000 - £30,000 dependant on experience.
More About the Role
The Manchester Commercial Finance team at AO has a varied remit, from finance and operations, to reporting and analytics. Our Reporting Analyst will need to bring together weekly and monthly packs that show all of this, so we need someone who is organised, can work to tight deadlines and can communicate with people on all levels in a friendly and professional way. You will report to the RP&A Manager and work very closely with our whole Commercial team.
We work in a fast-paced business in a constantly changing environment, however, the Commercial Finance function provides stability with a timetable that allows for regular reporting to be used for meetings and decision making. Our employees are able to work towards a timely schedule, however, are still required to think on their feet.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports on both Excel and PowerPoint in order to monitor performance
* Work to strict deadlines, working with multiple key stakeholders
* Support Senior Management by providing relevant information for key decision making
* Actively using Excel to build models, as well as maintaining ones previously created
* Actively engage across all areas of the business
* Understanding and interpreting the commercial performance of the business
A Few Things About You
- Highly numerate and logical
* Educated to Degree level
* GCSE English & Maths A-C
* Relevant experience within a similar role
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent IT skills including advanced use of Excel/PowerPoint
* Experience with Power BI and SQL desirable but not essential
* Strong communication and relationship building skills
* Proactive approach and needs to embrace the company values
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.