A Bit About Us
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning company. With great shift pattern to allow an excellent work life balance. We offer great internal development opportunities, Employee discount along with a growing list of other perks including simply health and a pension plan…..
More About the Role
As our Regional Distribution Manager, you will play an integral part in ensuring excellent customer service is delivered to each one of our customers while setting and maintaining standards from operational policies, transport legislation, health & safety and people management. Our aim is to be the best in class at customer service delivery and we can only do this through being smart with our operational running and bold with our decision making.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Our people help us to achieve excellent standards and that is why you will be able to manage a team promoting a fun working environment throughout everything we do. You will;
* Ensure that the depot remains legal and compliant through transport legislation and operational requirements.
* Maintain efficiency through effective people management
* Support the driver account manager with the Self-Employed Drivers, manage their expectations and address any challenges.
* Delegate and supervise daily tasks, being accountable for any issues
* Update and submit reports to the Regional Manager, Head Office and Senior Management team on a weekly basis.
* Motivate and support all direct reports
* Carry our HR processes in a fair and consistent way including investigations, grievances, disciplinary meetings, performance management and appraisals.
A Few Things About You
You will be able to work under pressure and be driven to deliver objectives in a professional manner whilst promoting a happy environment so that your team is motivated, and productivity is at its maximum. You will be smart enough to think on your feet, work independently and have a passion to deliver the service we promise our customers. Our Managers are bold enough to challenge the way in which we deliver our service so we can improve the way we work. The experience we require;
- You will have excellent logistics knowledge including transport legislation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the home delivery sector
- Experience in leading and motivating a team
- Knowledge or understanding of HR issues and managing performance
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and meeting targets, including KPI’s and budget
Are you ready to join our fast-growing company? Please apply today!
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.