A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
Can you think of a time when excellent customer service blew you away?
Here at AO we are continually striving to improve the service in our Reception area, we want to be the best! As the first place you come into when entering the building and the first people who answer the phone it is essential that the front of house service is a lively, friendly, fun, pleasant and positive encounter. If you are genuinely enthusiastic, vibrant, professional and dynamic this role could be for you. Your intention should be to provide a fabulous first impression and an experience that will last.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Meeting room management
- Answering and transferring all of receptions incoming calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Handle all incoming and outgoing post and parcels to ensure that they reach their intended recipient
- Assist with health and safety duties
- Car Park management
- Access control system
- Printing invoices
- Various administration tasks
- Greeting visitors on arrival ensuring that they feel welcomed into a friendly and fun environment
A Few Things About You
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
* Experience in hospitality or front of house is essential
* Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
* Well presented with a customer focused approach and a friendly and confident manner.
* Competent user of Microsoft Office software including Outlook Diary/Calendar, Word and Excel
* Self-motivated and have the ability to time manage and prioritise tasks
* Net2 experience an advantage
* Good administrative skills
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.