A Bit About Us
AO go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
In December 2018 we celebrated the purchase of Mobile Phones Direct, a leading online-only retailer of mobile phones, to further extend our business into this exciting market. MPD is an award winning company that partners with all of the key mobile networks - EE, O2, Vodafone and Three - as well as the leading handset brands to deliver a complete mobile offering.
A full AO Mobile experience is in the works and will be coming soon, which is why we’re looking for everyday heroes to join our family and help us on this exciting journey.
More About the Role
Here at AO we are continually striving to improve the service in our Reception area, we want to be the best! As the first place you come into when entering the building and the first people who answer the phone it is essential that the front of house service is a lively, friendly, fun, pleasant and positive encounter. If you are genuinely enthusiastic, vibrant, professional and dynamic this role could be for you. Your intention should be to provide a fabulous first impression and an experience that will last.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Welcoming visitors
- Visitor lanyards
- Offering a drink
- Informing the host
- Handling and directing incoming calls
- Keeping the reception area tidy
- Opening and distributing incoming post
- Franking outgoing mail
- Handle all incoming and outgoing post and parcels to ensure that they reach their intended recipient.
- Issuing access fobs
- Issuing locker keys
- Various administrative tasks
- Handling meeting room bookings
- Maintenance of Health and Safety records for the office
- Testing of Fire Alarm
- Testing of Emergency lighting
- Testing of Generator
- Day to day facilities oversight
- Handling general maintenance to the office building
- Car parking arrangements
- Adhoc support/projects as and when required
- Point of contact for contractors visiting the office
- Open/lock up key cupboard-key access
A Few Things About You
- Receptionist and Office experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Well presented with a customer focused approach and a friendly and confident manner.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software including Outlook Diary/Calendar, Word and Excel
- Self-motivated and have the ability to time manage and prioritise tasks
- Good administrative skills
Why Choose AO?
At AO Mobile, our culture and our way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your Nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of" and we go by that very same motto. To do this, we train and empower each and every AO Mobile’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
We don’t want to be robots! We love for every AO Mobile’er to show their personalities and use them to welcome our customers. We don’t just sit and follow processes; we look for new and innovative ways to provide the best possible service.
Let’s not forget our beautiful office! We work within a small estate, in a lovely converted barn. Amongst many nice and exciting things we have The Park - a great space for us all to relax and take a break. On the subject of breaks, who doesn’t love a tasty snack? We have fancy fridges containing all of the treats we may need to get us through to home time.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an employee of AO mobile you can take full advantage of our benefits package. We offer the fundamentals of 25 days holiday and a company pension scheme. We also offer all employees the opportunity to take advantage of our partnership with Perkbox that offers over 200 exclusive perks.