About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Apprentice, with a passion for analysing information and problem solving. You will be part of a team that implements continued improvements to join our ever-growing business.
Based at our Logistics headquarters in Crewe we’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, brimming with ideas and initiative, and who is comfortable with contributing their own ideas when working as part of a team.
No two days are the same here at AO, so the right candidate must be looking to continue their studies to gain a level 4 qualification whilst gaining hands on experience in all areas of the business. You must be keen to learn and have a willingness to get stuck into any task.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
We are looking for someone who fits in well into a busy team and can support our operational areas, such as the warehouse and delivery teams, in being the best that they can be. You will analyse information from various sources to give our Managers the right information they need to deliver a world class service for our customers. You need to demonstrate your enthusiasm for problem solving, projects, and the Logistics industry. You will also discover how our AO team develop services in our own unique way, incorporating our values into each part of the business. You will do this by:
* Helping to look at the performance of our delivery service
* Helping to investigate any issues relating to damaged products
* Help to support the performance of staff within the warehouse through reporting and spotting trends
* Analysing information and collating reports to a high standard
* Leading on some project work to improve the way we work
A Few Things About You
Our ideal Apprentice will be approachable and have a friendly personality. You will have a caring approach to improvements across the business and try to constantly find the best way in which to carry out your tasks.
You must show initiative and be able to communicate with big teams. You should be able to demonstrate a proactive approach with the ability to work under pressure and also be able to deliver objectives with a smile on your face even when under pressure.
Building and maintaining working relationships will be an integral part of this role. Someone who displays our values in everyday working life throughout their apprenticeship will make an excellent addition to our AO family.
- A keen desire and drive to build a long-term career
- Thrives on being part of activities throughout education
- A desire to work in the logistics industry
- Experience or understanding of a working environment is desirable
- Has demonstrated commitment to project work and coursework
You will demonstrate the following skills;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient in Excel to at least intermediate level
- Organised and able to work on own initiative
- Effective communication both written and verbally
- Able to work to deadlines
- Able to solve complex problems
- Able to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and peers
§ Basic education levels of 5 GCSE grade C/4 minimum (or equivalent)
§ Have completed or about to complete NVQ level 3 or A-levels (or equivalent)
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.