A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Do you believe that a bug prevented is better than a bug caught? Do you think that tests should reflect the behaviour of the system, and that test specifications can be valuable to your colleagues outside of IT? Above all else, do you care that the customer gets what they need?
We're on the hunt for a QA Engineer to join one of our development teams responsible for our MyAccount and customer interaction applications. You will be involved in designing the features and work, define the scope of testing, and advocating good testing practices. We work in a collaborative Agile environment which allows us to make smart decisions, build understanding and ultimately deliver the right software to our customers.
As an IT team we take self-learning seriously and encourage sharing knowledge with others to help other team members grow. Our IT department hosts internal events such as Show and Tells and we attend external user groups in order to foster an idea generation culture.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* As a QA Engineer, you will take responsibility for ensuring that software fulfils the business requirements
* Build cutting-edge and complex test automation solutions from scratch using Selenium WebDriver with C# and BDD tools
* Testing and automating against the API layer
* Be part of diverse, cross functional teams focused on full life-cycle development
* Utilising the latest tools and techniques where automation is involved
* Championing the benefits of automation and successfully implementing solutions
* Sharing knowledge and leadership on best and new practices and make testing about building in quality at every stage of the process
* Writing SQL commands in order to mimic real world scenario's (CRUD)
* Use your great communication skills to ask questions and challenge assumptions
* Commit to continually learn, mentor, and grow
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.