About The Role
We pride ourselves on our ability to offer a memorable experience to the millions of customers that visit our AO.com website.
We’re going through an exciting transformation in our development teams. We’re creating cross-functional product teams with the freedom to shape how they build software.
We’ve got over twenty teams and a tech department of over two hundred people and we’re not slowing down.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You’ll be working with a range of people from across our product teams, sharing the load for testing. We want your input on team process and ways of working, collectively setting the team’s objectives.
We’re a team that loves Continuous Testing & Continuous Deployment, and we’re looking to build the right level of automation to ensure our application quality is of a high standard.
Teams decide what tools & technologies are best fit for their needs. With an open mindset, you'll work with the team to identify and improve quality across the entire software lifecycle.
A Few Things About You
We don’t expect you to be a master of it all, but commercial experience with a combination of the following areas would be beneficial:
- You love to try new things, and you're not afraid of change. If there's a better way, you've already thought about how you can apply it.
- Teaming with developers to build tests is your bag. Prevention is better than cure - you pride yourself on avoiding bugs over catching them.
- API Testing (Postman & RestSharp) and Performance Testing (JMeter)
- UI Testing using Selenium Frameworks (C#, JS) and other JS frameworks like Cypress and Playwright
- AWS Cloud Tech and CI/CD/CDEP (BitBucket, TeamCity, Octopus, AWS CodeDeploy)
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling. When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We want to change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of. We build diverse and inclusive teams and we value each and every person’s contribution. This allows us to better represent our customers and the communities we serve.
Why Choose AO?
- Finding a work/life balance is key so our core hours are 10-4pm. For most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most.
- We also offer 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays). You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to learn or pursue qualifications and we’ll cover the cost.
- Our Share Save scheme and a bonus pay-out for every AOer if we smash our targets by March 2025. Plus, we’ll help look after the future you with our pension scheme, with our contributions starting from at least 5%.
- We’ve set up a Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care. We also have loads of dedicated wellness initiatives to keep your mind, body and spirit in tip-top shape