About The Role
Do you believe that a bug prevented is better than a bug caught? Do you think that tests should reflect the behaviour of the system, and that quality isn’t the responsibility of just one person? Above all else, do you care that the customer gets what they need?
We’re on the hunt for a QA Engineer to join one of our agile development teams, responsible for many of the systems crucial for the success of AO. You will be involved in collaboratively driving the features to be built, defining the scope of testing, and advocating good testing practices. We work in an engaging agile environment which allows us to make smart decisions, build understanding and ultimately deliver the right software to our customers.
As a Tech team we take self-learning seriously and encourage sharing knowledge with others to help other team members grow. Our Tech department hosts internal events such as Show & Tells and we attend external user groups in order to foster an idea generation culture.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• As a QA Engineer, you will take responsibility for ensuring that software fulfils the business requirements by building cutting-edge and complex test automation solutions from scratch using a variety of tools that best fit the job
• Testing and automating against the API layer
• Be part of diverse, cross-functional teams focused on full life-cycle development. Using your great communication skills to coach and mentor the team, share your learnings, and to ask questions and challenge assumptions
• Have the autonomy to utilise the right tools and techniques for your needs
• Championing the benefits of automation and successfully implementing solutions. Building in quality at every stage of the process
A Few Things About You
• Demonstratable evidence of building automation frameworks
• Understanding of Agile ways of working
• Ability to understand, negotiate, and resolve conflicts.
• Being a good team player
• Great communication skills both written and verbal
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance