About The Role
This is an excellent opportunity to join AO Finance department as a Purchase Ledger Clerk and be an integral part of the UK Finance team. You will be joining a dynamic team whilst having the independence to work alone in a fast paced environment. This role is no ordinary Purchase Ledger role with no two days are the same - you will constantly be challenged and driven out of your comfort zone. Picture a typical Finance department… Scrap that concept! This is a work hard play hard environment with an excellent diverse team! If you feel you are up to the challenge…. Read on!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Input of invoices / credits using AX Dynamics- Set up new supplier accounts - Matching to purchase orders
- Preparing payments to go to suppliers
- Liaising with departments to ensure purchase orders are raised, and sort any queries
- Meeting monthly objectives
- Tasks and project work
- Monthly statement reconciliations
A Few Things About You
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with high volumes of invoices/data
- Adaptable to business requirements daily/weekly/monthly within set deadlines
- Have a passion for success and results
- Ability to work with minimum supervision & use initiative
- Strong MS Excel skills - including regular use of formulas
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.