A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
An exciting opportunity for a Purchase Ledger clerk working within the UK Retail entity of the business. In this role you’ll be reporting into our Purchase Ledger Supervisor. This is a busy and demanding role, and requires somebody with a meticulous attention to detail. The UK Retail Finance team are a close- knit bunch, with a work hard, play hard attitude. This is a varied and often demanding role so we need someone who is up for the challenge!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Assist where necessary within team
- Meeting monthly objectives
- Preparing payments to go to suppliers
- Weekly statement reconciliations across your supplier base
- Excel Reconciliations of receipting processes
- Input of stock invoices / credits onto Microsoft Dynamics AX both manually and via EDI
- Ownership of a set of supplier accounts
A Few Things About You
- Accurate and have an eye for detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision & use initiative
- Positive can-do attitude
- Have a passion for success and results
- Adaptable to business requirements daily/weekly/monthly within set deadlines
- Ability to deal with high volumes of invoices/data
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.