A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We are a small team 3 with a big role to play. Our objective is to convert the customer from browsing to purchasing.
As a Promotions Planner, you will work closely with the Category Managers and buyers within the trading team. Whilst owning your own category, you will be creating online product promotions and promotional events to support the trading calendar.
You’ll also be working closing with wider areas of the business along with suppliers, to ensure a seamless journey.
We run circ. of 200 promotions at any one point across 3 platforms
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
• Responsible for the day to day delivery of onsite promotions & marketing material
• Creating viable ideas and marketing briefs
• Maintain effective relationships with internal teams
• Assist in proof reading and sign off of relevant promotional activity
• Responsible for briefing internal teams on promotional requirements for campaigns with clear & concise directive
• Assist with producing and analysing promotional & event activity
• Work closely with merchandising teams and project managers to ensure campaigns are delivered on time
• Report & analyse promotional performance
A Few Things About You
• Have an excellent eye for detail
• Enthusiastic and confident with strong communication skills
• Willing to be hands on
• Proven experience in a marketing role with demonstrable campaign management
• Experience of building & maintaining relationships with suppliers
• Experience in an online retail environment.
• Strong commercial acumen
• Understanding of the marketing process
• Happy to work with online implementation systems but full training will be given
• Must be flexible. As an online retailer, some out of hours will be required over busy trading periods
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.