About The Role
You’ll be supporting our Target Operating Model SME acting as the conduit between the project and the business, helping the us shape and determine how we will operate in the future.
You’ll help AO get the design stuff and implementation plan fit for purpose, ensuring everybody understands the implications and impact for our future way of operating.
Building relationships with key stakeholders, understanding what they do and what’s important to them will be vital to this role. You’ll also invest time understanding the key capabilities, functions and processes of the areas of the business, and how each business area contributes to a top notch AO customer experience.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Working closely with the relevant business unit representatives, you’ll help shape, design and implement the way AO will operate and work in the future.
- You’ll foster a culture of collaboration with Business Analysts, and business leads, and provide a clear vision and direction to the key stakeholders throughout the delivery of a project.
- You will have ability to translate business architecture, business processes and technical concepts information into various forms of documentation for various audience types.
- Have ability to understand and explain complex business processes, and provide a creative influence to resolving complex challenges.
- Ensure that the right design concepts are agreed and translated into appropriate delivery plans.
- Have the capability to manage multiple workstreams concurrently, coordinating the efforts of others and making effective decisions in order to bring projects and processes to closure at pace.
A Few Things About You
- You’ll have at least five years project management experience primarily within Business Change, but also have significant IT experience.
- You will have significant experience in either Organisational Design and or Target Operating Model work.
- You will have the mental agility to translate abstract thinking into real business scenarios and ways or working
- You can demonstrate a good working understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- You’ll have experience working with teams who are located in multiple sites, and be willing to travel to see these folks in person if required - this will mainly be at our Manchester office.
- You are a confident public speaker and are not afraid to have difficult conversations.
- Being highly organised and an effective communicator are two key traits that come easy to you. You’re the kind of person who takes on new challenges with a growth mindset and is constantly seeking for a better way to do things.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.