About The Role
Do you want to work for a successful growth business? Have you experience within IT or Estates? If so, this role could be ideal for you. Our Project Managers love the challenge of working to succeed even if the odds are stacked against them.
It's a fast paced environment where change comes often and collaboration is key. If you enjoy managing projects within a fast-paced environment and like variety rather than specialising in one specific area this would be a great experience for you.
If you thrive on managing and successfully delivering multiple projects of various lengths simultaneously we would recommend you apply for this role. One thing we really need from you is your experience of working on IT and Estates projects with in-house and external teams across various systems and location that support an ecommerce business like ourselves.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Responsible for managing Facilities, Estates and IT Services projects from conception through to post go-live support of varying shapes and sizes. You will be responsible for producing, owning and managing the overall project plan, with an appreciation for the end solution and the delivery journey.
You will need to be able to manage change and re-plan as required.
For each project you will be the single point of contact for key business stakeholders in regard to managing their expectations around scope, timescales, risks, dependencies, etc. You will need to facilitate project meetings including project kick offs, team meetings, stand ups and retrospectives.
You will need strong communication skills to ensure a single consistent message is shared with all levels of the business and external parties.
A Few Things About You
We prefer close collaboration over long-winded documentation, so you need to be a great communicator and have solid interpersonal skills. Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products is key.
· 3+ years’ experience in an IT Project Management role;
· Knowledge of both Agile & Waterfall methodologies including experience with Scrum and Kanban;
· Ability to identify and apply the optimum Project Methodologies and processes required on a project by project basis in order to ensure delivery;
· Ability to manage large-scale complex projects with fixed deadlines;
· Management of several projects running simultaneously;
· Experience of working directly with senior business sponsors, stakeholders and third party suppliers;
· Single point of contact for multiple stakeholders during the project life cycle through to post go live support.
· Scope and change management experience including managing stakeholder expectations and re-planning projects;
· Budget tracking & experience working within a commercial process;
· Desire to confront issues head-on and find ways to constantly improve delivery;
· Willingness to travel as required;
· Happiest working in a fast paced, challenging and rapidly changing environment both independently and within a team environment;
· Passionate about doing a great job, relentless in delivery;
· Innovative, full of new ideas and suggestions
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance