About The Role
At AO we’re working harder than ever to continue to deliver an incredible experience for our customers. To help keep pace with demand for changes within our Retail portfolio, we’re looking for a contract project manager to join us for an immediate start to us help deliver a number of critical website and business process changes.
You’ll act as the conduit between the business and AO Tech’s Product teams, helping the Projects team act as a strategic partner to the business as part of AO’s Retail portfolio.
You’ll help AO get the right stuff live as quickly as possible, ensuring everybody understands where your projects are up to, how (and when) are they being implemented and how we are measuring success.
Building relationships with key stakeholders, understanding what they do and what’s important to them will be vital to this role. You’ll also invest time understanding the key functions and processes of the areas of the business your projects are impacting, and how that business area contributes to a top-notch AO customer experience.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Creation and day to day ownership of project plans.
· Working with multiple software development teams, other business functions and third parties to ensure they are clear on what needs to be delivered, and track progress towards goals.
· Reporting progress throughout the planning and delivery phases to the portfolio manager and the wider business.
· Creating and managing an appropriate risk register and escalating in a timely manner as issues or delays occur which impact the project
A Few Things About You
- You’ll have a solid track record of great project management, with excellent examples of delivering a range of software development and business change projects in an ecommerce environment.
- You operate to and expect excellent standards of project governance.
- You can demonstrate a good working understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- You’ll have experience working with remote teams as well as third party organisations in the successful delivery of projects.
- You’re a confident public speaker and are not afraid to have difficult conversations.
- Being highly organised and effective communicator are two key traits that come easy to you.
- You are someone who cares. You foster collaboration and inclusivity.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.