About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join our central engineering function in Telford. The Project Engineer will support the operational teams across two sites in the planning and delivery of all maintenance and engineering initiatives and projects.
Our fully automated fridge recycling plant is the most efficient and advanced in the UK and sets a new standard in recovering metals, plastics, and gases. It processes 100 fridges per hour, 700,000 per year. Our second site is a fully automated plastic recycling facility where we combine sink-float technology and electrostatic separation to turn mixed fridge plastics into high-quality recycled products.
If you think this role sounds interesting, please consider the following…
· Do you have experience in leading maintenance and engineering projects from concept to delivery?
· Are you able to successfully manage and deliver multiple projects with competing priorities?
· Are you someone who possesses excellent communication and people management skills, able to build effective working relationships?
· Do you like innovation in manufacturing and process technologies?
If the answer to the questions above is YES, then we want to hear from you!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· To prepare, plan, coordinate, and deliver all small to medium engineering and capital projects across the AO Recycling sites.
· To support the Operational Management Team (OMT) with project justifications, definition, scoping, approval, and deployment.
· To ensure that all proposals are safe, technically robust, compliant, achievable, and fit within the investment strategy for the Recycling business.
· Developing schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation.
· To coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within the scope and on schedule.
· To monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximise deliverable outputs.
A Few Things About You
- Experienced and qualified engineer with a wide range of experience.
* Previous experience with projects from concept to delivery.
* Computer literate and familiar with project planning systems and processes.
* Can successfully manage and deliver multiple projects with competing priorities and strict timelines.
* An effective planner and able to organise resources efficiently.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• 9% contribution pension
• Car allowance
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.