A Bit About Us
AO go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
In December 2018 we celebrated the purchase of Mobile Phones Direct, a leading online-only retailer of mobile phones, to further extend our business into this exciting market. MPD is an award winning company that partners with all of the key mobile networks - EE, O2, Vodafone and Three - as well as the leading handset brands to deliver a complete mobile offering.
More About the Role
Our Project management office is seeking a Project Coordinator to assist with the day-to-day running of our fast paced department. Reporting to the Project Mananger you will work with the existing project management team to help ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the quality expected by the project stakeholder group.
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding team with opportunities for future career progression.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Ensure key project plans, deadlines and update reports are communicated to a wide range of stakeholders from various departments. * Assist in the delivery of projects of varying size and complexity
* Assist with third parties and outsourcing agencies.
* Assist with the introduction of new processes and improve process where possible.
* Assist the projects team in managing expectations around project scope, timescales, risks and dependencies.
* Organise and run project meetings and workshops.
* Manage and escalate project risks and issues.
* Build strong relationships with business stakeholders and get very close to the day-to-day practices in order to develop deep business knowledge.
* Learn and develop agile and continuous delivery Project Management techniques and methodologies
- Projects will predominantly be within the digital space, any previous experience in this area or managing stakeholders in this type of project is beneficial
A Few Things About You
* Great communicator with fantastic interpersonal skills.
* Strong customer focus with a passion for eCommerce.
* Eagerness to self develop, learn new things and implement new ideas.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging department.
* Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
* Willingness to take on responsibility.
* Highly organised and proactive, with excellent time management, planning & communication skills
* Good Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills are essential as these will be used daily in this role .
* Practical and methodical approach to problem solving
* Ability to demonstrate dependability and commitment to project/ tasks.
* Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change[SM2
- Visio (process flows) will also be key within this role any experience with Visio is benefitical
- Preferable experience with telecoms & software development background, although not required
- Preferable experience with Prince2 / Agile or any methodology, but not required.
- Experience in project co-ordination
Why Choose AO?
- At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
- The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
- Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an employee of AO mobile you can take full advantage of our benefits package. We offer the fundamentals of 25 days holiday and a company pension scheme. We also offer all employees the opportunity to take advantage of our partnership with Perkbox that offers over 200 exclusive perks.