A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
We are looking for someone who is willing to question existing ways of working, by applying their financial & system knowledge, to help drive efficiencies for the business utilising the Microsoft Dynamics Products (AX 2012 & D365).
This position would suit a driven individual with a love for problem solving and excellent stakeholder management skills.
This role is all about taking real ownership of key projects, for our finance stakeholders. Being the driving force behind making efficiency improvements and building strong relationships across AO, both in the UK and Europe.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Requirement Gathering - interacting directly with finance end users and senior business stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Documenting and analysing complex business processes.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills
- Provision of end user training and support.
- Support the Development team to implement improvements to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 & D365
- End to end systems project life cycle, delivering projects using different methodologies.
- System configuration.
- Work with Stakeholders to identify Improvements to current processes within the Group (UK & Europe) Finance functions.
- A flexible approach, with the ability to quickly adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
A Few Things About You
We prefer close collaboration over long-winded documentation, so you need to be a great communicator and have solid interpersonal skills as you’ll be part of a team working with stakeholders. You must also be:
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, D365, Azure DevOps.
A logical thinker driven to find solutions
- Have an appetite for constantly improving processes
- Experience in Change Management at all levels.
- A natural problem solver who enjoys going in and ‘fixing things’
- Able to keep calm under pressure and deal with setbacks in a positive way
- A confident communicator
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work in an efficient manner
- Technically strong with a good understanding of the O365 package
- Willing to go the extra mile to get things done
- A Team player and able to bring a bit of fun to work!
- Background working with or in Finance
- Project management/ Business Analyst experience
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.