A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This role would really suit an accountant who is looking for something much more than a traditional finance role. We are looking for someone who can apply their finance knowledge to key projects around the business, both in the UK and Europe. This role is all about taking real ownership of key projects from a finance perspective and be the driving force behind making efficiency improvements and building strong relationships across AO.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Delivery of business-critical projects including but not limited to:
* Automation of key processes- i.e Sales & Purchase Ledger, Stock
* Launch into new categories in the UK and Europe
* Launch of new Payment providers
* Reconciliations- i.e Goods in, Stock, Sales
* P&L Reporting
- * AX2012- support & develop the finance system
- * Being pro-active and having the ability to work under pressure
- * Have an appetite for learning the wider business, systems and processes
- * Improvement of process and procedures within the Group (UK & Europe)
A Few Things About You
We prefer close collaboration over long-winded documentation, so you need to be a great communicator and have solid interpersonal skills as you’ll be part of a team working with stakeholders. You must also be:
- A fully qualified accountant or working towards this (ACMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Technically strong with good Excel skills (vlookups / pivot tables)
- Appetite for constantly improving processes
- A natural problem solver with a logical approach who enjoys going in and ‘fixing things’ and finding solutions
- Able to keep calm under pressure and deal with setbacks in a positive way
- Change management experience and able to provide training on new processes to key stakeholders
- A confident communicator and not afraid to challenge existing ways of working
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work in an efficient manner
- Willing to go the extra mile to get things done
- Able to bring a bit of fun to work!
Nice to have?
- Experience using Dynamics AX 2009/2012Being a bit of a geek and maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.