A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
If you want to work for a successful growth business and have a passion for IT this role would be ideal for you. Our Programme & Project Managers love the challenge of working to succeed even if the odds are stacked against them.
It's a fast paced environment where change comes often and collaboration is key. If you enjoy managing programmes & projects within both agile and waterfall development team, and like variety rather than specialising in one specific area this would be a great experience for you.
If you thrive on managing and successfully delivering multiple projects of various lengths simultaneously we would recommend you apply for this role. One thing we really need from you is your experience of working on projects with in-house and external delivery teams across various systems that support an ecommerce business like ourselves.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Responsible for managing Agile and Waterfall delivery teams from conception through to post go-live support of varying shapes and sizes. You will be responsible for producing, owning and managing the overall functional programmes of work including project plan, with an appreciation for the technical solution.
You will need to be able to manage change and re-plan as required.
For each project you will be the single point of contact for key business stakeholders in regard to managing their expectations around scope, timescales, risks, dependencies, etc. You will need to facilitate programme & project meetings including; prioritisation, project kick offs, team meetings, stand ups and retrospectives.
You will need strong communication skills to ensure single common ‘message’ from the delivery team and IT, e.g. with stakeholder management, priorities, status reporting, setting deadlines for dependencies, managing and escalation of project risks and issues, etc. This should be both internally and externally.
A Few Things About You
We prefer close collaboration over long-winded documentation, so you need to be a great communicator and have solid interpersonal skills. Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products is key.
- Experience in an IT Project Management role;
- Knowledge of both Agile & Waterfall methodologies including experience with Scrum and Kanban;
- Ability to identify and apply the optimum Project Methodologies and processes required on a project by project basis in order to ensure delivery;
- Ability to manage large-scale complex projects with fixed deadlines;
- Management of several projects running simultaneously;
- Experience of working directly with senior business sponsors, stakeholders and third party suppliers;
- Passionate about technology with a broad experience of IT technologies;
- Single point of contact for multiple stakeholders during the project life cycle through to post go live support;
- Scope and change management experience including managing stakeholder expectations and re-planning projects;
- Budget tracking & experience working within a commercial process;
- Desire to confront issues head-on and find ways to constantly improve delivery;
- Willingness to travel as required;
- Happiest working in a fast paced, challenging and rapidly changing environment both independently and within a team environment;
- Passionate about doing a great job, relentless in delivery;
- Innovative, full of new ideas and suggestions
- Experience of managing or mentoring others;
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.