A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This role is for somebody looking for exposure and experience in a trading and commercial retail environment. The ideal applicant will enjoy getting involved in analytical tasks along with using various software systems (mainly MS Excel) to complete routine and ad-hoc analysis. You will be working in a team that’s accountable for the pricing of products on multiple websites, the pricing strategy and margin & promotional analysis to aid business development and decisions. An eye for detail and good numerical skills is essential with this role. Pricing is an integral part of the business so the Pricing Controller will need to build strong relationships with many people from various departments around the business.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Daily running of the pricing model and processing internal pricing requests.
- Updating company pricing as a result of market movements
- Provide pricing data and analysis.
- Competitor Mapping
- Daily analysis of competitor pricing
- Report on efficiency of spider
- Additional reporting requests as required
- Mapped percentage reporting
A Few Things About You
- Numerical/financial analysis experience advantageous
- Attention to detail.
- Very organised and able to prioritise work effectively.
- Adaptable and handles pressure well.
- Excel - Intermediate+, SQL/Regex/MS Access - Advantageous
- Experience of dealing with large volumes of data - not essential
- Experience of using other MS Office packages.
- Strong communication skills.
- Quick learner and hard working.
- Commercial awareness and acumen
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.