About The Role
In AO Business we go to great lengths to provide better value for businesses. We’re experienced in working with a variety of different industries to give advice on the right products, delivery to suit the schedule of our clients and business services to meet their needs. We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen.
We are at the start of our journey, with growth ambitions to rival that of the retail business. In the B2B team we’re obsessive about our customers and the experience they get with us. As a new division under the AO umbrella this role is integral to helping managers to understand their areas of the business and provide them with data to enable them to make commercial decisions. The division consists of 5 pillars; Insurance, Supported Living, SMEs, Student Accommodation and House Builders. Each pillar has a manager who wants to understand more about how to improve their pillar’s performance.
At AO Business, we’re learning more and more about our business every day, and we are looking for someone to lead the charge in the field of business change.
As a business we’re on an ambitious journey, tearing up the rule book on B2B commerce, and doing things the AO Way. We need equally ambitious people to join our quest and grow with the business, unafraid to take bold steps and make smart decisions!
We are looking for someone to join our growing AO Business team within the insurance pillar, this is an exciting newly formed role and a great opportunity for some with previous pricing experience.
Working alongside our Head of Sales, Commercial and Trading teams to drive forward our pricing strategy and decision.
This role is fundamental to increasing our success and react to market situations in a timely manner.
The role is suitable for someone who can work efficiently in a quick moving team and can adapt and learn new skills quickly.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Work with the Head of Sales to create and deliver the pricing strategy to optimise trading performance, whilst building a competitor understanding to influence decision making.
· Using quality data and insight, help identify pricing opportunities, new products, and categories to bring to market, ensuring incremental sales & margin growth
· Evaluate the impact of actions taken, identifying, and implementing a relevant course of action required to achieve success levels whilst being comfortable to present findings back.
· Responsible for reporting and commentary daily and weekly on our pricing position, market, and competitors
· Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to drive product and pricing optimisation
· Audit pricing model and client feeds to ensure full availability and contract compliance whilst managing against a set of KPI’s
A Few Things About You
- Minimum 2 years’ pricing experience, preferably within a retail / insurance background.
* Data-driven and enjoy working cross-functional teams
* A degree within a relevant field (min 2.1 preferable) / Relevant equivalent qualifications.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
* Methodical and analytical approach to work.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Results driven and ambitious.
· An ability to communicate at all levels with strong stakeholder management capability.
The difference with us is that our values mirror every single one of our people. We haven’t made them up; they’re who we are and what we absolutely believe in, and you will need them too!
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.