About The Role
You will be responsible for the Gas and Electric Installations Audit Teams are part our Group Internal Audit department. They are responsible for providing assurance regarding gas and electrical installation safety, and for ensuring on-going support and technical guidance to the operation regarding regulatory standards.
Leading and developing the team and driving continuous improvement and innovation, you will inspire and develop your team building capability and maximising performance.
You will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with the regulators and acting as the business’ key contact. The response and investigation process of gas and electrical incidents reported by customers will be overseen by yourself.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
This opportunity will require you to manage the Installations Audit team performance, allocating time appropriately based on risk while prioritising and planning engineer audits. You will summarise installation audits, identifying trends, recommending improvements and communicating with the Premier Installations Operation.
You’ll be the key contact for Gas Safe and NICEIC and oversee incident investigations, report audit results and develop audit reports while providing on-going support and consultancy to the Premier Installations Operation.
A Few Things About You
- Gas Safe Qualified with NICEIC 18th edition Qualified or a high degree of electrical competency
- The ability to work collaboratively but with the right amount of independence, objectivity and the ability to challenge senior stakeholders
- Can demonstrate technical capability and operational excellence and have update knowledge of best practices
- Building relationships and communicating with senior management in both a technical and non-technical way
Nice to have’s
- Technical Audit Experience
- Experience analysing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions and delivering recommendations to the operation
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.