A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
AO is at an exciting, early stage in its adoption of product squads. We’re looking for energetic and talented Predictive Analyst to join our newly formed Personalisation Squad. They will be key in helping to drive the next phase of our commercial growth and digital experience ambitions across our online estate.
Using propensity modeling and analytics you’ll be the business expert in understanding key purchasing triggers and support the product owner in developing the product and testing roadmaps.
If you’re looking for a job that’s different every day, you’re in the right place! We’ve got an amazing opportunity and there’s a lot to learn along the way.
The successful candidate will show the ability to adapt to meet the business needs, be resilient, be able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and be proactive in identifying and solving business problems.
It’s a really exciting time in the team as we have been growing rapidly to fulfil the business needs.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Supporting a data centric approach to better decision making.
- Drive understanding of who our customers and visitors are, what they want and why they visit.
- Using statistical models to create onsite personalisation and recommendations for customers and visitors.
- Use predictive modelling and cluster analysis to understand customer behaviour.
- Understand visitor and customer journeys and identify areas of improvement to drive onsite optimisation and conversion.
- Act as a support function within the team, working closely with our developers, analysts and external data scientists.
- Working closely with all members of the squad to support the overall vision.
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear, understandable way to non-experts
- Perform deep-dive analysis to gain insight into how our customers and visitors behave onsite and use this to improve their experience.
- Explaining the value of data driven decision making at the highest level of the organisation.
A Few Things About You
- Maths and Stats background or Computer Science. Minimum 2.1 degree.
- Technical - Coding languages of Python, SQL, MongoDB or PowerBI is desirable
- Experience of analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics is highly desirable, as is previous experience of driving onsite optimisation and conversion.
- Understanding of online and offline marketing channels and principles.
- Being able to communicate the technical findings to a non-technical team simply and clearly. Drive the business to be able to make decisions based on insight.
- You are adaptable and comfortable working in an agile environment
- Collaboration in the team and the rest of the business is essential.
- You’re good at building relationships.
- You're bold, curious, & reliable; not just talented
- You're an active listener who asks good questions and puts the customer first.
- You will need to be comfortable working with business change and taking smart risks.
- Strong commercial and business acumen critical
- CAN DO attitude - results focused and always proactively trying to find a better way
- Clear demonstration of ability to grow and work with other teams
- Highly driven and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to perform well in a fast-paced changing environment
- Exceptional attention to detail with a data driven approach to providing solutions
- Highly analytical and logical approach with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Experience of preparation of presentations / reports for exec / management preferred
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills essential - ability to appropriately liaise and develop relationships with all levels
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.