A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Joining AO’s busy communications team and supporting the Head of Communications, your role will be to manage a small team dedicated to implementing the PR strategy for AO.com, delivering column inches, driving brand awareness and creating engaging content that can be used across AO.com’s own editorial and social media channels.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* leading by example
* Build and develop AO.com’s storytelling capabilities with the intention of driving consumers to site
* Support, develop and implement the consumer PR strategy with a focus on results-driven PR for AO.com
* Working closely with the content marketing manager to create engaging content for outreach as well as developing the team’s influencer strategy
* the buying team to identify key products and new categories for promotion
* Managing the communication elements of trade marketing campaigns from ideation, implementation and evaluation, aligning closely with the overall marketing plan
* Creating and distributing compelling PR materials across all target channels
* Sourcing stories about AO.com’s famous customer service and sharing these authentically with new and existing customers through owned and earned channels
* Promoting / selling-in news stories and features to the media (this might include weekend work)
* Undertaking press visits to media in London
* Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
* Monitoring the media on a daily basis identifying opportunities to promote the business
* Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
* to drive both content and news stories
* Staying abreast of trends and techniques in the creation of engaging communications
* PR budget management
* Evaluation / analytics and reporting of campaigns
* Managing the press office twitter feed, engaging influencers online
A Few Things About You
* At least four years’ experience in a fast paced PR environment gained either in-house or in agency
* Currently in-house or at account manager in an agency with team management experience
* A natural ability to build collaborative working relationships internally and with partner businesses
* Great writing skills and an eye for a good story
* Good national media contacts across news and consumer affairs
* Strong selling-in skills
* A strong creative streak gained working on relevant PR campaigns for national consumer brands
* Brimming with exciting, fresh ideas surrounding life-style campaigns
* Strong attention to detail
* An understanding of SEO and content marketing
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.