A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
The search and shopping channels make up a major part of ao.com’s paid acquisition strategy, with Google and Bing both key contributors to the business’s overall success. It’s a fast-paced and exciting role, where you’ll get hands on experience managing a selection of campaigns. From analysing data, to setting up and reporting on text ad trials, you’ll need to be comfortable with numbers and have an eye for detail.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Optimise campaigns through negative and exact matching
- Measure performance against KPIs
- Review customer journeys and suggest improvements
- Use Excel skills to help with day to day analysis
- Set-up and report on ad copy and landing page trials
- Share learnings with the rest of the team
A Few Things About You
- A good head for numbers
- Positive, hardworking and a real ‘can-do’ attitude
- Microsoft Excel to a reasonable standard (advanced training can be provided)
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and keep on top of things
- A strong communicator with plenty of ideas
- An interest in digital marketing and a willingness to learn
- German or Dutch language skills would be an advantage
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.